New
Find
Notify
Tools

FYI, purchased 2 Denli rifle blanks
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Decided to try out Denli and bought a semi-fancy and fancy blanks. Received them yesterday, well packaged for shipping. Wow. Do not know much about walnut, but they look good to me. The shipping was about $65/blank.Also, i forgot to download the pics. on website (once they ship, the pics are removed) but they are much richer in color and depth anyway.

rgds,

steve

Posts: 359 | Location: Florissant, Colorado  | Registered: 29 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Man I wish you had posted this last week, I have eyeballing this for months, and I just was leary of how the bank transfer deal was set up. If you have a digital camera post some pics, I am up for a couple of blanks next year and I like what I see. How long did the toatal transaction take from start to finsih?

Guess my timing on this sucks, but I wasn't willing to try the unknown.

It worked out OK in the end I suppose I ended up with a beautiful piece of English Walnut.

Post some pictures if you can.

Posts: 1486 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 28 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
seems like the last blank I had shipped to me was about $25 and so $65 for shipping a blank seems a bit high to me.

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
I've done business with them twice. The shipping is expensive because you're buying from a guy that live's in Turkey (real Turkish walnut) and he ships them 3 day express delivery.

Here is the last piece I bought from Denli. It's sitting at Jeffe's now.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As TCI said, these are shipped from Turkey via DHL express. As Ali-Ekber requires wire transfer to his swiss bank, the money transaction part is instant.

ordering from US cost about $40 more than US supplier (Hunterbid has free shipping over $500) but i was happy with my purchase.

steve

Posts: 359 | Location: Florissant, Colorado  | Registered: 29 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
that is a fine piece of wood.

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
Can you post a link to their website?

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 461 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 02 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow....Looks like some really great walnut! It's good to hear dealing with them went smoothly...

Steve505, if you can post a pick of your new blank...I'd love to check it out.

Correct me if I am wrong but, I thought in the not so distant past there were a few guys here talking about getting a group order together from denli...?

Regards,
Dave

Posts: 1238 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 31 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dave,

i will try to get the original jpgs, otherwise i can photo.

steve

one of us
posted Hide Post
Steve,

If you can get a few jpgs up that would be great but, if it turns into a pain don't worry about it...

I have been checking out the blanks on the Denli site and they look to be some of the best I have seen. I really appreciate how Denli has taken the time to present the blanks in such a way that one can get a clear idea of the grain flow, figure, color etc.....

Great stuff...and Christmas is so close. The more I think about it the more I "know" my wife would just love a couple of Full Fancy Grade Circassian Walnut blanks under the tree... Smiler

Regards,
Dave

Posts: 1238 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 31 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
...and don't forget custom Mauser or pre-64 m70 actions make great stocking stuffers !

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dave,

here is pic. of the crummy one Smiler

one of us
posted Hide Post
and here is the nicer one

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
I keep looking at those blanks, but I want to know if they are really worth that much. How much would a similar blank for for in the states.

I.E. Do you think this blank is worth $1400? it's georgeous probably the most georgeous piece of rootwood I have ever seen, is it worth $1400 what would it cost in the US, UK, or Germany?

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think their pricing is reasonable. Yes the really high end stuff has some fancy prices, but the blanks are spectacular. I can't speak for Germany or Europe but here in the USA its almost impossible to match quality for the price, it a lot more expensive.

What I don't have is a blank, pics on stock blanks are decieving, many look a lot better in real life, and some look better than they actually are. Its the lighting I think, and was the blank wet down to show the figure.

I have seen a fair amount of blanks I wouldn't buy from the pictures I saw, but when I held them they were much better than the pictures portrayed.

But lets get it from the guys that are holding one of these blanks, what did you think? Your higher end one looks very good, whats it like in real life? DO you feel you got your moneys worth?

Posts: 1486 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 28 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Steve,

Thanks for taking the time to post pics. Yep, those certainly are crummy! Wink Wink Wink

What projects do you have planned for them???

TC1,

The pic you posted is a fantastic blank as well. How did Denli grade it?

Regards,
Dave