Find
Notify
Tools

Win M70 Stainless parts?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted
I'm working on a little project that I need some M70 stainless steel crossbolts (2) and Super Grade style sling swivel bases (2) also in stainless.
Anybody have a source for something like this?
I checked Winchesters Parts dept and they don't know that they have ever had them. Called Winchesters Custom shop which is now the number for Brownings custom shop and they don't have them.
If I can't find them in SS I thought maybe I'd send them out to get "coated" in a Stainless looking coating.
Any thoughts or comments from the AR crowd?

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try NECG. If you can't find SS cross bolts, then just cap them. Dakota also carries cross bolts and sling swivels. Try Talley also.

Posts: 1135 | Location: corpus, TX | Registered: 02 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There was a guy over at 24hourCampfire who was trying to put together a run of stainless swivel bases. Sunnyhill was going to do the work.

If you do a search over there, you can find out if that deal took off.

Good luck!

"There always seems to be a big market for making the clear, complex."

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i'm not the fellow who put the deal together and administered it but i bought several sets of the bases. i may have one set left as i sold them. pm me if your interested andd i will check for you when i get back. i won't be home until friday.

if you got a picture and dimensions of the crossbolts i may have someone who will make them for you also out of 416 stainless.

Posts: 979 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
Dave,
Sent you a PM

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote