New
Find
Notify
Tools

Modified Mauser Trigger
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have numerous Mauser actioned custom rifles that I really enjoy. On the various actions are Blackburn triggers, one of the best of the after market triggers. On my custom rifles especially the Hoffman and Griffins, the Mauser factory military style trigger was modified to a single stage trigger as fine as any I have. On par with the pre-64's and very simple in design. Does anyone now know how to modify a military trigger to the single stage beauty it can be?

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Maybe this is what was used with a little fit and finish www.e-gunparts.com/featureproduct. asp?chrProductSKU=50240&Super=N&MC=YJ - 17k -

Posts: 498 | Location: San Antonio , Texas USA | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes... Sorry, had to step away to handle some business in mid thought. Came back to find that Magnum Hunter 1 and Roger pretty well covered it. Nothing to add.

Posts: 1374 | Registered: 06 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Sometimes it is done with a pin through the guard positioned just so it takes up the first stage slack as you install the action and bottom metal in the stock.

On my Stiga it is done with a small plate shim in the guard to do the same thing.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Let me see if I can explain it without over complicating things. I drill a hole in the top of the trigger toward to hold a small ball bearing leaving it sticking out about one third above the top edge of the trigger. I then weld a small extension onto the front of the trigger and drill and tap it for a small screw to take up slace and sear engagement. That'll do it.

Posts: 1331 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Magnum Hunter, on the ball baring, do you stake it in the hole? Should it be loose or firm in the hole?

Posts: 23 | Location: O'Fallon, Mo. | Registered: 21 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Has anyone tried one of these?
Huber Concepts

If It Doesn't Feed, It's Junk.

Posts: 407 | Location: Sechelt, B.C., Canada | Registered: 11 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Id like to try one of those Hubers. I a trigger on a M30 that looks like a huber that some gunsmith fabricated, works good.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
Like Magnum Hunter1 only my preference is to silver solder the tab on. While your at it, cut off the old yanker and silver solder on a new one to slick up the looks and re-position the trigger further to the rear in the guard bow.

Good luck lb.

Roger Kehr
Kehr Engraving Company
(360)456-0831

Posts: 1632 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Harry,

I take it those paper clips in the pic are necessary requirement for gunsmithing..........by the way, what are they for Smiler

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do not stake in the bearing, it rides loose.

Posts: 1331 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here's a nice approach

DT

Posts: 196 | Location: NC | Registered: 21 June 2002Reply With Quote