New
Find
Notify
Tools

FN Model 1924 Yugo
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I may be able to get a FN Model 1924 Yugo (not a 24 or 24/47).

It looks real clean no rust or pits. It seems very well machined and quite smooth.
Serial #s don't match though.

It would be used for a 6.55x55. with the works done to it, surface ground, polished,Sunny Hill bottom metal cut down to fit, ect.

OR, I have a line on a 1908 Brazilian DWM with matching serial #s and clean also.
For the 6.5x55 and would get the same treatment.
The 1908 is a bit long for the 6.5x55.

It will be throated for 140gn bullets.not planning on using 160s for this gun.

Recommendations and why? This is the last action I have to decide on for a good while.

Allen

It's a Mauser thing, you wouldn't understand.

Posts: 656 | Location: North of Prescott AZ | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenBosely:
I may be able to get a FN Model 1924 Yugo (not a 24 or 24/47).

It looks real clean no rust or pits. It seems very well machined and quite smooth.
Serial #s don't match though.

It would be used for a 6.55x55. with the works done to it, surface ground, polished,Sunny Hill bottom metal cut down to fit, ect.

OR, I have a line on a 1908 Brazilian DWM with matching serial #s and clean also.
For the 6.5x55 and would get the same treatment.
The 1908 is a bit long for the 6.5x55.

It will be throated for 140gn bullets.not planning on using 160s for this gun.

Recommendations and why? This is the last action I have to decide on for a good while.

Allen

I would get the better of the two actions.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If that FN Model 1924 Yugo is a complete rifle those are quite rare as there was only 100,000 made and very few existing today as the M24. Occasilly you can run across M24/47 with traces of FN marking.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 344 | Location: Bean Town in the worthless nut state | Registered: 23 July 2005Reply With Quote