Find
Notify
Tools

Refinish on Remington Mod 511 Scoremaster
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of acsteele
posted
It is an accurate rifle, given to me by an oldtimer who is no longer with us. If any of you smiths would be interested, I would like to have it polished up nicely, drilled and tapped for a scope, and I also need to come up with 1 or 2 extra magazines for it. I know there is not a lot of collecter intrest, so I don't feel too bad doing some mods. I can handle the stock refinish myself, but the bluing/tapping is beyond my expertice. please get back to me if you are interested in helping out.

Lt. Robert J. Dole, 10th Mountain, Italy.

Posts: 609 | Location: South-central KS | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
Numrich should have what you need. They also have brand new fully finished walnut stocks for the 511 for around $70.

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought new magazines for mine from Brownell's. They are inexpensive and work well.

one of us
Picture of acsteele
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, found the stuff I need at Numrich. Does anyone know who can do an inexpensivwe polish/reblue job. Also need it drilled and tapped for a scope

Lt. Robert J. Dole, 10th Mountain, Italy.

Posts: 609 | Location: South-central KS | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
I've had several Remington 511's and have found that a reasonably clean one will sell for $150.
Five and ten shot magazines are availble from several sources. I get mine from Brownells.
Yep, they are accurate.

Old Elk Hunter

RELOAD - ITS FUN!