New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Who's going to Reno?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
When is it? Is it a gunshow as we know and love them or something just for the gods of the shooting sports?

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Should I be able to find my way to the ACGG show in Reno, who might I find there? Roger Kehr? Chic Worthing? Bill Sovern? Jim Kobe? Would I be able to meet Jack Belk? Bill Leeper? The Dressels? Who's going?

MKane160 aka BigDogMK

Posts: 488 | Location: TN | Registered: 03 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike,
I am not going to be there this year, I have way too much work to do by March. The Dressels will be there and I am sure Roger Kehr will not be. I would be very surprised if you find Jack Belk there, he has become a hermit and is hiding out on some land he owns just past the middle of nowhere.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm not among that talented group , but I will be there. I suspect that Mark Stratton will be also.

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I plan on being there, had a great time last year. Met members and conversed with the talented and plan on doing so again. I'm disappointed that Mr. Worthing will not be attending.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I won't be there but you probably didn't care about that, I can say thought that as many people as can go should go, the Guild is a great group and important for the trade. The whole purpose is to foster the sharing of knoowledge and development of new talent, and this is critical to the longevity of our beloved fine firearms. I think you might be able to get a special room rate as well through the guild and this also helps as they are required to have a certain number of guns.

Also, all the craftsman that were there that I spoke too were very generous with their time and information. you won't believe the eye candy that you will behold and they are very happy to share with you informationa bout it and how it was done. (even if I can't understand much of it )

Enjoy it to all who can make it!

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You know guys, I won't be there either. I decided to go down to Las Vegas and do the Shot Show. There's a lot of suppliers in the industry I would like to see and maybe sell a few books.

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
I won't be attending this time although I highly encourage anyone who's never been to go. Dallas Safari Club & NRA National show for me, closer to home.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
Im not going either. Much as I would like to I just cant justify the expense this next year.

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
This Old dog will wander around those tables for a while.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
<SDH>
posted
Sounds like you've been busy Michael!
I'll be there with a few new guns and a few older ones including a Southern style flintlock longrifle I built in 1980. New; a Dakota #10 or two (a .257 Rob. for sale), a highly embellished Low Wall in a Huey case and a custom deluxe Marlin M-1894. Old; my sidelever 30-400 and the Fox gun as well.
Anyone that has a copy of my books can bring them along for a signature. That is, if I haven't burnt all my bridges around here.
Come by and say hello, I rarely bite in person.

one of us
posted Hide Post
SDH,

Did you have a restored shotgun of some sort with you last time and if looking at the room from the door by registration would have been to the left of where Chic Worthings table was setup? I think I stopped by and looked at your things as well. just have a hard time with names. I can still remember faces and where certain people I talked to were, but can't say a single one of their names to save my life.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I suspect that Mark Stratton will be also.

I believe Mark has a speaking engagement for a Mule Deer Federation show and won't be attending the ACGG show in January.

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Red.

Sometimes I too have a hard time remembering names, I just thought I was either too busy or just getting forgetful.

The wife I and the little one will be at Reno holding down a table.

Hope to see a lot of old friends as well as meeting new people. Seeing the work displayed there of course is just enough to drive a person to deplete ones checking account.

Jim Wisner
Custom Metalsmith

Posts: 1484 | Location: Chehalis, Washington | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote