New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brownells short chambered Mauser barrels
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone used any of these barrels? Or perhaps have helpful knowledge about the quality or desirability of them? How do they compare with A&B barrels? Thanks for your help.
dave

Posts: 132 | Location: Kenai Peninsula,Alaska | Registered: 31 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Never used any "Brownells" brand barrels, but plenty of A&B ones, which are very good barrels especially at the price. Most A&Bs are/were either Shaw or Green Mountain; I think most were GM. I figure Brownells are the same. Brownells typically does not carry low quality stuff as their reputation is on the line. I would not be afraid to use them and the next barrel job I get, I will try one.

Posts: 17291 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm currently re-barrleing a Mark X mauser acction with a Brownells Shilen short chambered 25-06 barrel. I'm working on the stock right now so haven't gotten to mounting the barrel yet. I did screw it on the action to see how it looked and mated witht ehfront of the receiver, but have done no chambering work. Looks good so far. finish is real nice (in the white) and the crown looks good too.

US Navy RETIRED
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 526 | Location: Seattle | Registered: 17 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Brownells sells short chambered barrels under their own brand name. Separate from those from a known maker.

Posts: 17291 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used Brownell short-chambered barrels on two Turk Mauser conversions to .308. No problems related to the barrel on either one.

Mike Ryan - Gunsmith

Posts: 352 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: 31 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used one to build a 270 win. I was very pleased with the results. I also prefer the contour of these Brownells barrels over the A&B offerings (F14 and F34) from Midway.

Posts: 179 | Location: Murfreesboro, TN | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote