New
Find
Notify
Tools

700 Pss, Vs. 700 VS
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Is there a difference between the 700 pss and the 700 Vs rifles from remington. I have seen the VLS's and VS's but never seen a PSS other than in a catologue and was just wondering if the difference was just cosmetic or if the PSS has a heavier barrell contour or different twist rate.

Mark

Posts: 968 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark-

Pretty much the only difference is the stock. The PSS has a beefier stock, heavier (wider) out thru the forend, palm swells on the pistol grip, and a higher comb. It also has two sling swivel studs out front, so that you can attach a sling & a bipod to the separate studs.

See if you can find one before you buy. I really like the PSS stock, but some guys think that they are too thick thru the pistol grip area. Personal preference....

one of us
posted Hide Post
PSS has a heavy matte black finish, may be parkerized. Stocks-- some like them, some do not. PSS is available with DM, don't think the VS, VLS or VSSF models have that option?

Posts: 275 | Location: NW USA | Registered: 27 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a PSS LTR and initially didnt think I would like the stock and considered putting a mcmillan on it but after using it for a year I really like it.It is a great truck rifle.I dont know if the varmint versions have allen head screws or not but this rifle does as well as a fluted barrel.w/regards

Posts: 610 | Location: MT | Registered: 01 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ahh ok thats pretty much what i thought but the picture in my Catalogue shows a picture of the Composite rifle but the PSS's I have founf for sale on the Net look alot like the Varmint versions.

Thanks for clearing that up for me

Mark

Posts: 968 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Which one is the law enforcement version with the 5-R rifling? - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of redial
posted Hide Post
I think they have the same barrels. At least the ones I've owned have. Rates of twist have varied given the caliber and production run.

Redial

Posts: 1121 | Location: Florence, MT USA | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With Quote