Find
Notify
Tools

CZ-550 project
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of GBF
posted
I might be able to get a hold of a CZ-550 action (30-06 lenght) and would like to build my own rifle based on that.
Has anyone got an idea about where to find a usable stock for a CZ-550 action ? A laminated one would be superb.

Regards

Posts: 392 | Location: Insula Thule | Registered: 03 January 2003Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
GBF
Laminate for this action?

There is a very good stock maker in Sweden Johnny Boberg. He makes shapped and inletted laminate blanks for almost any action

There is also someone in Norway that makes laminate stocks, I think they are called Devold or something?

What caliber will you have on this rifle?
Good luck

/ JOHAN

one of us
Picture of GBF
posted Hide Post
Johan, Tack s� mycket.
The reason for me wanting a laminate stock is basically that there might be a heck of rain involved (back home in Iceland). The caliber I have in mind is 270Win. It will be my long range open country deergun.
Where do I find Johnny Boberg ?
Are you familiar with the CZ-550 action ?

regards

Posts: 392 | Location: Insula Thule | Registered: 03 January 2003Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
GBF
No problem
You got PM with some info about the stock.

You will be able to read it by entering your profile, just in case you didn't knew [Wink]

/ JOHAN

[ 05-11-2003, 14:42: Message edited by: JOHAN ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
GBF,

McMillan makes a synthetic for the CZ 550. It's called their AHR model. www.mcmfamily.com

Best,
Joe

Posts: 144 | Location: Riverview, MI | Registered: 20 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of GBF
posted Hide Post
Nextjoe, thank you, a synthetic stock would be perfect.

Regards