New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shilen Swap meet Saturday-my goods
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I will have 2- 30-40 Krags and a 1909 Argentine rifles to get rid of. They were sporterized by common folks in the 50's probably. I will have a Persian barreled action that looks almost unfired. I will also probably have a Brno ZKM 451 rimfire there. I may sell my Siamese mauser receiver also.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
-Wish I could swing by to check 'em out! Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like Cas will get the Argentine and New Guy has first dibbs on the Persian. We might move inside if the weather turns bad tomorrow. I found a $50 cm #1 contour 224 barrel for my L46 and a$50 #2 cm barrel for my 250-3000. These barrels are not seconds.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post

Hope you had good weather, was planning to make the trip but had winter storm warnings up and saw this first thing this morning. But then I wouldnt have found that pre 64 94 Winchester I've be wanting. Smiler
Us Okies know how to bring in the first day of spring... Roll Eyes

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We had a surprisingly large crowd, but only buyers and very few sellers. Shilen introduced their new rifle. It has an exact Remington footprint, Savage type barrel attachment, Savage removeable bolt nose, and of coarse a Shilen Select match barrel and trigger. McMillan will do the glass stocks and they have somebody to do the nice wood stocks. It is one of the smoothest operating bolt rifle that I have felt in a while. I was able to buy a #1 contour 222 barrel to use on my L46 Sako for $50 and also a $50 CM #2 contour barrel for my 250-3000.
Butch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Man I hate that I missed it. I was all set to go until 9pm the night before and had all sorts of stuff fall in my lap. Really stinks as I NEED a 7mm barrel. Also wanted to rub elbows with some of you gents.

Bailey Bradshaw

www.bradshawgunandrifle.com

I'm in the gun buildin bidness, and cousin....bidness is a boomin

Posts: 568 | Location: Diana, TX | Registered: 10 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I really wanted to go but wimped out because of the weather.

I went to the auction in New Castle instead and spent way too much money. We just finished at 9:30 PM. A very long day.

Craftsman

Posts: 1540 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Boss Hoss
posted Hide Post
I wimped out too but because of work---here today as well Mad. Have some things to get taken care of then out to see if the snow has all melted!!

Posts: 1004 | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote