THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Fixing last round failure to feed in the Weatherby Vangaurd

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fixing last round failure to feed in the Weatherby Vangaurd
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've got a Weatherby Vangaurd in 257 Weatherby which fails to feed the last round from the magazine. When the bolt is half- way forward the round "pops" out from under the feed rails and comes up over the right of the bolt. Any home remedies for this?

Posts: 709 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 16 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
Did this just start happening?

Unless someone has removed metal where they shouldn't have, or, installed the wrong follower, then failure to feed the last round with this action would indicate an alignment problem. Look and make sure nothing is bent, or, sitting out of position.

If all else fails, then cycle the bolt faster, maybe you will catch the round before it moves too far to the right. Big Grin

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Called around and a gunsmith suggested that the magazine spring might be in backwards. I switched it around and now the gun feeds very slick and very fast.

Posts: 709 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 16 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Westpac:
Look and make sure nothing is bent, or, sitting out of position.

Like the magazine spring! thumb

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Boar Hunter
posted Hide Post
It might be a good idea to put an alignment mark to prevent a reoccurance.

John

Posts: 1343 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 January 2006Reply With Quote