Find
Notify
Tools

Sako AII 22-250 to 350 Rem
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted
I am thinking about re-barreling a Sako AII from 22-250 to 350 mag - I would do a 358 Win, but I already have one. Besides re-barreling and opening the bolt face, how much work would be needed to make it feed?

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3313 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Let me suggest an alternative that doesn't require reworking the bolt face: .35-284. This round is almost identical in capacity and performance to the .350 Remington, but uses the same bolt face as your .22-250.

Be aware that either cartridge is going to be very crowded in an A-II magazine and will require very deep bullet seating. I doubt you will be able to use longer bullets like the Nosler 225 Accubond. A 200 grain conventional bullet may be all it will take.

Posts: 13242 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Earl
posted Hide Post
Stonecreek is right, I had the same issue with a 243 Sako and decided to go with the .250 Savage because the 250 page wouldn't work with 120 grain bullets seated long. I would check some measurements of loaded rounds with bullets you are wanting to use first.

Posts: 364 | Location: Sticks, Indiana | Registered: 03 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
Thanks, gents. I was thinking if the 35-284 but thought it would be nice to have factory brass available.

Interestingly, I was also contemplating the 250-3000. I know that would be a straight re-barrel. My other choices are the 260 and another 358 Win. One can't have enough 358s. Thanks, Lou

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3313 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote