THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stocks for Pre 64 Winchester M70 (30/06 length)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of kiwiwildcat
posted
Hi everyone, I hope you are all well during this Covid-19 pandemic.

Can someone please tell me which stock manufacturer's make stocks to fit the Winchester M70 pre 64 action? I am specifically after a wood stock if I can with synthetic as a second option.

Can a stock from a current Winchester M70 be altered very easily to fit?

Regards,

Michael.

She was only the Fish Mongers daughter. But she lay on the slab and said 'fillet'

Posts: 511 | Location: Auckland, New Zealand. | Registered: 22 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
Boyd’s does a nice job for ready-made reasonably-priced wood stock. For synthetic I’d contact Brown Precision It is not reasonably possible to fit a pre-64 into a modern model 70 stock or vice versa as the action screw spacing is not the same.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2946 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guns Internationas, Guns America, etc,etc have a lot of new copies finished or simi finished forsale, and they have originals for sale also..Id opt for and original myself..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I found an original stock on eBay to replace the damaged stock on my pre-War .375 H&H Model 70.