New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Changing Ruger #1 extractor
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Call the Woodchuck Den. Todd Kindler does alot of rimmed stuff in #1s. If he does not know the answer he will point you in the right direction.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ruger ejectors are easy to change & cost <$9. Ruger used to offer the No. 3 in .375 Win. This ejector should work. A call to Ruger product service (603-863-3300) should identify the correct part.

Posts: 477 | Location: Fayetteville, GA | Registered: 12 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
Maybe one of the metalsmiths will pick this up. I don't think you will be able to get ahold of a factory ejector for 30/30. It will have to be a conversion from an existing ejector.

Posts: 1634 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When I buy a #1, so far, I have been thinking I would rebarrel.

But first I shoot them, and then they don't get rebarreled, cause they shoot too well

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i believe it would be a cheap easy fix. the hardest part would be to decide which one available is the closest to what you need. i always like to get them larger than needed and shorten them as aposed to getting it to small and doing the weld/braze routine. if you can completely dis-assemble and reassemdle the action, the extractor is easy to fit because of the way ruger designed it.

Posts: 128 | Location: southeastern pa | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote