Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 7.62X39 EXTRACTOR PROBLEM
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted
Ok fellas this is a new one on me. guy brings in a cz carbine in 7.62x39 new rifle. when he fires wolf ammo out of it and then opens the bolt the extractor pulls foreward off the bolt I have no idea how. I thought he was shitting me but he had the rifle right there empty case in it extractor puled right off the front.
the only thing I can figure is he is droping one in the chamber and the laquer on the wolf case balles up and springs the extractor out of grove when he closes the bolt.then gets pulled of while sprung out. sent it back to cz and they say it specs ok and function tested sent back. guy takes it home and brings it back next day bolt half open extractor off the ring and hanging in front gun jammed up same problem any ideas on how this happens? tried to ask about operator error but he is convinced its a lemon so now I own it any ideas on cause of this or anyone heard of this before.

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does this only happen with "Wolf" ammo?

Posts: 1374 | Registered: 06 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
thats what he says but i cant replicate it so far

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cummins cowboy
posted Hide Post
for one thing wolf ammo is about the shittiest you can find, It may be cheap but the accuracy almost always sucks, I have a CZ in 223, that will put just about anything inside MOA but wolf shoots a 3"+ group, The only thing I can think of is when the extractor is going over the case rim, it is springing outward enough to not fit so well in the groove on the front of the bolt body, First try different ammo, then, if the extractor is definatly springing out too much I would carefully grind the edge back a little, I took a small amount off the bottom of both my CZ 527 extractors and this elimated the bind you would get when trying to fast feed a shell in. both mine feed great now.

in times when one needs a rifle, he tends to need it very badly.....PHC

Posts: 1755 | Location: slc Ut | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote