Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Current Source for Milsurp Mauser Action
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of befus
posted
Centerfire systems has the Vz's for $80. Great action for a custom gun.

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/miva/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CSI&Product_Code=MAUGUN10

Posts: 241 | Location: Beautiful NW Arkansas | Registered: 27 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Who has the best deal on Milsurp Mauser 98 actions suitable for making a sporter. Something like a VZ 24. Not interested in Charles Daly commercials. I will doing some of the work myself.

Thanks

Posts: 449 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 13 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The VZ's are getting scarce, I just picked up one with the lion intact at a pawn shop.

Century arms is offering Yugo 48s for about $70. They're a bit shorter than the 98 so your caliber choices are limited.

Regards,

Dan

Posts: 179 | Location: Murfreesboro, TN | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of befus
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Befus,

What condition are the ones from Centerfire? Much pitting?

Thanks, Rob

Gosh, I just can't recall what I read a while back about them. I dont think it was severe. Call them and ask for Lois Luttrell and ask her. She is good folks and would be able to give you the best info.

Lois Luttrell
800-915-3346

Posts: 241 | Location: Beautiful NW Arkansas | Registered: 27 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got a feeling that CenterfireSystems link is from last year. I couldn't find any Mausers from their home page.

Regards,

Dan

Posts: 179 | Location: Murfreesboro, TN | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of befus
posted Hide Post
Please note this just in todayb from Centerfire. Rifles and just actions available for cheap.

Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 11:16:41 -0500
Subject: gunsmith specials and a question

Hello Everyone,

We have a few more guns from the estate sale ready to go. Gunsmith
specials.

French Mas M36 $69.97 each
VZ-24's $69.97 each
Turk Mausers $39.97 each

Rifles listed above are dirty but complete.

We still have some chilean barrelled receivers $39.97 and VZ 24 barrelled receivers $34.97.

Lois Luttrell
800-915-3346

one of us
posted Hide Post
E01, not sure I know that much about the actions, these ones you are talking about aren't made by DWM? Do they come with bottom metal and matching bolt?

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, their customer service seems excellent, spoke w/ Lois this morning and she's arranging a pickup and the 24's to be delivered.

Rob

Posts: 1692 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote