Find
Notify
Tools

Saeed jr's new gun??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Saeed
I understand that you are building a new gun for the upcoming addition to the family. Tell us about the project. Are you cutting down a full size rifle? what are the dimensions?

rh

Posts: 562 | Location: Northern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
rockhead,

I have so many 22 rim fire barrels here, as well as stocks from different rifles.

I am thinking of making a scaled down model 22 rim fire - just the right size for a little "monster" as Walter has already christened our new comer.

I think it will probably be based on a BRNO action.

He or she will have to lear how to handle a decent bolt action rifle for thier future hunts - nothing like those funny looking Blasers [Big Grin]

Posts: 68729 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
<TomJ>
posted
Saeed,
I didn't think spawn of yours could be served by anything less than a "starter" caliber like .338!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed

sounds good. i would like to cut down a single shott .22 for my girls. what are you doing for a stock? are tou cutting one down or using a youth stock?

Posts: 562 | Location: Northern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
rockhead,

I have never seen a youth stock!

I will cut down a normal stock, and keep the piece to keep adding it as the young hunter grows.

Posts: 68729 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote