posted
Okay, help me with this one..

I am getting a CM MRC PH action...

and I can't make up my mind on
416 rigby
450 rigby
470 mbogo
500jeffe or 460 woundabeast beased 500.

It'll be a 1/2 octagon with wedding ring..

jeffe

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
which ones do you already have? That would help me at least in deciding what my next one would be. I would say no on the 416 just because that is an off the shelf chambering that you can get from a few different manufacturers. Anything that you can stamp your own name on is cool, so the "jeffe" family of cartridges would be high on my list if that were my name :-)

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It would be a waste [Smile] not to chamber the 505 Gibbs with the PH action. You may also want to consider the 577 T-Rex for this big action. With that said, the 500 A-Square is too hard to beat for a 50. Thanks.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeffe,
I am no help. I ordered action #'s 404, 416 and 505. Partly because I could not decide. I do like the woundabeast name though, good one.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Step back to conservative tradition, igor the hot velocity-above-2400ft/sec, support the Brits, buy Wool Tweed, Read Taylor, and go for the 465 H&H. Cut Rifled barrel, integral rib, lug and sight ramp by Dan Pedersen.

My reply is sure to start an eruption greater than Mt. St. Helens, complete with flames and flying hot rocks.

Ah, Tradition, if Hemingway and Ruark only had the .465 H&H Magnum Belted Rimless to write about

Mull all this over a cup of Emperess Black Tea and Crumpets.

Posts: 1055 | Location: Real Sasquatch Country!!! I Seen 'Em! | Registered: 16 January 2001Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
I suggest 450 Rigby, it a nice round and looks nice. You will not find manny of them out there, but it's not completly unknown either

/JOHAN

<eldeguello>
posted
Regardless of what you choose, just make sure it is something with at least 250 ft/lb of free recoil.... [Roll Eyes]

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like the .416 Rigby and the .505 Gibbs. I also like the .450 Rigby as well.

Have I helped at all [Wink]

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A 500 jeffe done right is genuinely classy, but if you already have one, then no reason to double up. In that case, I would step down to the 470 mbongo because I like the .475 cals. Since you can handle the recoil of a 50 cal, I do not see that the 458's or 416's have much to offer you.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
<Rusty>
posted
Jeffe,

I suggest a 404 Jeffery. You get a .423 caliber 400 grain bullet that you don't have to rip your shoulder off to make it perform!

Just my opine

Rusty
We band of brothers!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Seems like the PH would be wasted on the .404, great as it is...

If it were me (Oh, but if it were me...) I'd do a 505 Gibbs. You already have a Jeff(r)e(y), right?

Posts: 767 | Location: Seeley Lake Montana | Registered: 17 April 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
yep, I already have a 500 jeffe...

but it's definatly a working brute of a gun... it feeds, it goes bang and it ejects....

Rusty (chuckle) I can do a 404 on a mark X or a vz... which i just might do, now that ya mention it!!

jeffe

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Robgunbuilder
posted Hide Post
470MBOGO or 500 A2. Both Big Medicine! Much Fun! Friends have reamers!-Rob

Posts: 6314 | Location: Las Vegas,NV | Registered: 10 January 2001Reply With Quote