New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Nosler Custom Rifle
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I don't care that much for the shape of the grip cap and a couple other cosmetics. But if they are reliable and shoot as well as the sample rifle, I'd hunt with one any day...........DJ

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Kinda goofy looking to me although from the groups it looks like it's a shooter. $4000.00? I think I could do better.

Terry

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dSmith.45
posted Hide Post
Liked the article on Serengeti. I intend for them to stock a M70 project I have going on now.

Posts: 359 | Location: 33N36'47", 96W24'48" | Registered: 01 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have to wonder about the logic of Nosler's decision to offer a new bolt action rifle at this particular time, and for the price range they are targeting. It's a poor decision in my mind. Look at what you can get built for $4k or less, and then look at the Nosler. Would you go with the Nosler?

If a company wants to do something smart in today's gun market place, then how about a good bolt action rifle, with top notch quality, for around $1k. I'd buy one, and so would a lot of people. We're tired of paying $700 or less for shoddy quality and rough finishing. Put a decent looking wood stock on, finished it in satin stain, and fit and finish the metal to the wood to a high degree of precision and that can't add another $300 to the price, and it would sell. You could limit it to a few calibers at first to save some production cost. Offer few options, they wouldn't be needed. Four models would cover nearly every bolt rifle sold today. One lighter mountain rifle, and one standard weight rifle, both in blue/walnut or stainless/syn.

Maybe that's why I'm not the CEO of a big company, I don't think big enough.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yuck! I think I'll keep my Ruger for the time being!

Love the article - excellent example of spin doctoring.

There used to be a saying in business - 'Stick to your knitting'... I'm only going on the article, but I reckon Bob Nosler should NOT quit his day job of making bloody good bullets!

My 2c

Posts: 1275 | Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With Quote