New
Find
Notify
Tools

References for the M1999 Action
 Login/Join

<Rod@MRC>
posted
I suspect some people might be interested in the impressions of our customers receiving wave-1 shipments. I'll post a list here of custom gun builders who have agreed to serve as references.

John Okubo, Tiger Rifles & Shotguns, operating out of Thorne Bros Sporting Goods. Minnesota. (763-572-3782). John has been enthusiastic about his first M1999 Long Action.

Bob Brooks, Brook's Fine Guns. California. (209-274-4685: after 5pm) Bob is going to be at the ACGG show in Reno. He has also been enthusiastic about his initial long action M1999.

[ 01-18-2003, 03:16: Message edited by: Rod@MRC ]

one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Rod,

Which wave am I in?

Hopefully not one waving from the pier after the ship left! [Wink]

jim

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
<Rod@MRC>
posted
HunterJim, I believe you're in wave-2, which shipped from S&W yesterday. Next stop, Kalispell. This is the almost mythical lot that has been shipping and sitting all over the country since late November. Finally on the way home for assembly and shipping. The references list above received elements from wave-1.

We've distinguished these lots differently because we've been fine tuning the process. There will be no differences in what we called wave-3 and wave-4. In fact, we know longer refer to wave-4 as such because it is now part of the lot that makes up wave-3.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hunter: me too, I think my wave is supposed to hit the beach the end of this month. Can't wait.

Posts: 137 | Location: ormond beach fl | Registered: 02 April 2002Reply With Quote
<JBelk>
posted
Rod---

Count me in as a believer....

I received the action as I requested in an unpolished state and to quote the letter I sent to you at that time--

> I'm impressed! This action will clean up very well. It's plenty straight and true and dead on the money square.

This action can be built into a very nice rifle and can't be beat by some actions costing double the money.

Congratulations on a very nice job. I'll stone and polish this receiver and bolt and have it at the ACGG show in Reno for potential customers to inspect for themselves.

<Rod@MRC>
posted
JBelk: Superb. They're turning out to be all we hoped they might.

All: Wave-2 hits the beach. Degrease, bead-blast, engrave, buff, assemble and ship. Yahoo!

-

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Impressive.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of redial
posted Hide Post
Is that photo reversed? The handles are all on the wrong side!

Just kidding .... [Big Grin]

Redial

Posts: 1121 | Location: Florence, MT USA | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With Quote