New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thread Protector
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I aquired a Win mod 70 300 win mag from a friend with a BOSS on the barrel. Would realy like to remove and replace with a thread protector. Barrel is stainless steel. Any ideas where I might get one? Thanks.

Posts: 42 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 04 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
I make them as an option when I install muzzle brakes. I don't know if anyone mass-produces them. I charge $40 for the option.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2946 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can you give me an idea of the overall length and od so I have some idea of apearance on barrel.
Thanks

Posts: 42 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 04 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
I cut the OD to match the barrel, with just a slightly raised knurl. Usually I make the length is just a .100" or so longer than the threads.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2946 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is a commercial BOSS eliminator cap for use at the rifle range with a BOSS equipped rifle.

They are IIRC around $20 anywhere Browning rifles are commonly sold.

AD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote