New
Find
Notify
Tools

Montana Rifleman owners
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Are any of you using Picatinny or Weaver type bases on your action ? I have the magnum short action and would like to find a source for a 40 MOA 1-piece base.

Posts: 42 | Location: Texas | Registered: 04 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nightforce offers both one- and two-piece bases in slopes from 10 to 60 MOA. The 20 and 40 MOA bases are standard items; several others are special order. www.nightforceoptics.com

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As I understand it anything that will work on a Winny Mod 70 will fit on A Montana, same contours so they claim.
Straight shootin

Posts: 434 | Location: Wetcoast | Registered: 31 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tha's partially correct. The front spacing on the long actions is .862 and the rear is available as either .330 or .862, which I assume covers both pre-64 and post-64 variants of M70 actions. Spacing on the short actions is .862 front and rear.

www.montanarifleman.com/actions.htm

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MontanaJeff
posted Hide Post
You might check www.kenfarrell.com, there is also another company making picatinny bases as well but they have not finished the design yet - should see something on it before Shot Show.