Find
Notify
Tools

Parker Hale CRF
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi folks,

I just recieved a gun I bought on spec. and have to decide how much money to sink into it. It is a .338-06 built around a Parker Hale mauser copy. Is this a decent action? If the gun shoots and feeds well, I'll put some cash into some upgrades regardless of the reputation of the action. If the action has a spotted reputation and needs some work, I'll get rid of it. Now if the action is a good one, I'll have a few things done before even shooting it and if need be, the smith will keep tinkering until its right.

Thanks,
Dean

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, Duke of York

Posts: 876 | Location: Halkirk Ab | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
maki
The only Parker Hale rifle I have any experience with is there Sniper Rifle that was used by the British Military.
It shot very good and functioned perfectly.
Hope that helps.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
The normal Parker Hale hunting rifle was built on a Spainish made M98. More than likely the Santa Barbara.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ramrod340:
The normal Parker Hale hunting rifle was built on a Spainish made M98. More than likely the Santa Barbara.

Any idea what the QC was like?

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, Duke of York

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The action I have may be called a M81 Classic. Doesn't help me any, but others will likely know more.

Dean

-Edward, Duke of York

one of us
posted Hide Post
Does the serial number start with 'Z'? Is it stamped spain on the side surface of the rear tang? If so its a Santa Barbara action.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No Z, but an S. Serial number S-26xxx. Inspection mark is a crown over BNP.

-Edward, Duke of York