New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trigger options for Model 600
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Are there any triggers out there that will fit the Model 600 Remington? After the recall, I got a rifle back with a trigger that is almost usless, and unadjustable.

Posts: 1443 | Registered: 09 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Timney sells them and Rifle Basix used to. I recently bought a couple of Timneys from Midway. They work well but the trigger shoe is wider than OEM so I had to open up my aftermarket steel triggerguard. An easy job though.

RH

Posts: 79 | Location: Northwest Atlanta | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GAHUNTER:
Are there any triggers out there that will fit the Model 600 Remington? After the recall, I got a rifle back with a trigger that is almost usless, and unadjustable.

Is there a recall on Remington 600s? I haven't heard this. My father owns one and I would be interested in any additional information. Thanks.

Posts: 1138 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 07 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, there is a recall on some 600s and early 700s. It has to do with the trigger and safety malfunctions. Here is a link to the Remington website regarding which 600s are involved.

Remington 600 Recall

RH

Posts: 79 | Location: Northwest Atlanta | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, the recall was back in 1979 (I think). Like a good little sheep I sent in my perfectly-adjusted-trigger Model 600, and got a piece of crap back. I'm now having that action made into a .358 Winchester for a horse back hunt in BC.

I finally found a Timmney Trigger for the Model 600 in Brownells. I had been entering the wrong information in the search engine.

Thanks for the help, guys. Now, go to my thread about stocks and answer that one. Big Grin

Posts: 1443 | Registered: 09 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GAHUNTER:
Thanks for the help, guys. Now, go to my thread about stocks and answer that one. Big Grin
How far back is it?

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I looked but couldn't find your stock question but here is my answer.

There are limited options. If you like the original stock shape, Numrich sells a walnut replacement. While your there get a blued steel triggerguard. Also, Richard's Microfit Stocks are another wood option. I like the Old Classic #102. Below is a picture of mine. You will have to open up the barrel channel a lot but it is not hard as long as you have a little wood working experience. you'll have to sand/finish the outside too. It is a project but is fun for me.

The other option is "plastic." Ramline makes a cheap stock that is a POS IMO but it is a drop-in. McMillan makes a great stock but is pricey. I have an EDGE in the Remington Mountain Rifle pattern pictured below. It requires some work when you get it but nothing that you or a gunsmith can't do. Basnser makes a good 600 stock. Like the McM it needs work too. If you have a specific question let me know.

RH