New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need advice on rear sight for Octagon Barrel
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Building a 9.3X62mm on a Mauser action with a half octagon/round barrel. The octagon is a gentle taper and transitions to round. Barrel length 23.50". Originally was going to install 1/4 rib .50" width however it covers a large % of the octagon. It's been suggested that I put an island sight on this approx 2.00" long. Anybody got a good picture or reference for this idea. Have not finalized details so open to suggestions on base and number of leaves in sight. Thanks. Ron

One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
Check this out or any one of the NECG rear sights. Most are availbale from Brownell's also.

http://www.newenglandcustomgun.com/

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is what I made for mine. Bear in mind it isn't finished.

Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a quarter rib built on a half octagon barrel. You can see pictures on this thread.

Hope they help.

- stu

Posts: 1210 | Location: Zurich | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the same problem, I have a little half octo/round martini cadet in 25/20 that was going to have a repro 3 leaf winchester rear sight. Called Buffalo arms and they have been on back order for 2 yrs!!