New
Find
Notify
Tools

Browning Citori Ejector Question
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
This forum seems primarily directed toward rifles but I posted this in Shotgunning and no one seems to know the answer. I am hoping some gunsmith here knows how to help.

Does anyone know how to increase the spring tension on the ejectors on a Browning Citori. The ejector in my top barrel does not have enough force to throw a spent shell clear. I have examined the springs in the forearm, but I don't see a way to increase the force being applied to the ejector.

Thanks.

Posts: 93 | Location: san antonio, texas | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kynadog:
This forum seems primarily directed toward rifles but I posted this in Shotgunning and no one seems to know the answer. I am hoping some gunsmith here knows how to help.

Does anyone know how to increase the spring tension on the ejectors on a Browning Citori. The ejector in my top barrel does not have enough force to throw a spent shell clear. I have examined the springs in the forearm, but I don't see a way to increase the force being applied to the ejector.

Thanks.

replace them

Wally

Posts: 472 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 08 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I haven't had this problem with my Citori but I have had it with other guns. It may not be the spring at all but rather a timing problem. If the ejector is too early or too late in the opening cycle the case may fall short or not eject at all. Try cycling the action once very slowly with a fired case and see where the shell ejects. Also if the fired case falls from the chamber (gets ahead of the ejector) before the ejector trips it may not get enough of a hit to be thrown clear.
Hope this helps.
C.G.B.

Posts: 238 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 05 June 2001Reply With Quote