Notify
Tools

Remington Safari Grade sights
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted
All,
I just picked up a Remington 416 Safari Grade. The previous owner has mounted a Redfield 4-12 scope (don't understand why) and removed the factory front and rear sights. Since he has passed away his family has no idea where they might be. I can find replacement sights but have no clue as to the front sight height. Would anyone here know? I plan to call the Custom Shop Monday and ask them directly.

Posts: 760 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
.385 inch?

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Simple; you buy your rear, and front ramp. After you get them installed and measure them from center of bore line, then you will know which front sight to get. Math.

Posts: 17181 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
coffee
If you're going to spend money on sights, you might as well dig through NECG and Recknagels catalogues and find something a little bit more sporting, civilized and socially acceptable than the standard Remington sights.

popcorn (I love acting all Britishy)

I think the rear hole spacing is .562 and the front is .605. I would double check that. I've been wrong a lot lately.

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted Hide Post
Thank you both for the direction. I'm going to stick with the factory sights as I'm not sure this rifle will stay with me long.

john

Posts: 760 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is a nice rifle. You may decide to hang onto it.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote