New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need Gunsmith Recommendation
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a Whitworth .375 that is in need of some trigger and ejector work. I'm in Bend, OR and would prefer to take it to a gunsmith I can talk face to face with rather than send it off somewhere. Anybody know of a good riflesmith in my neck of the woods (Oregon or Western Idaho) they would recommend?

Appreciate the help.

Cpt. Jack

Posts: 83 | Location: Soda Springs, ID USA | Registered: 25 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How about you Idaho shooters...anybody know a good smith in the Boise Area?

Cpt. Jack

Posts: 83 | Location: Soda Springs, ID USA | Registered: 25 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cpt.Jack:

You might check the American Gun Makers Guild for a Member in your area.
Longshot

Posts: 322 | Location: Youngsville, NC | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try Mark @Kailua Custom. AKA "Bohica" Treated me very good on an action

Posts: 174 | Location: Lakewood | Registered: 02 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
Cpt. Jack,
I flew into Lewiston several years ago on a bear hunt. My hunting partner had his 454 casul handgun broken by the airlines in transit. The gunsmith at the downtown shop in Lewistion (can't remember the name)made and replaced the firing pin and shaft the cylinder turns on in about an hour. If I needed work done, I would try this guy. He can make a silk purse from a sow's ear. It was a nice shop with lots of antique winchester lever guns hanging on the back wall.

Posts: 5717 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Found one! Thanks for the recommendations and assists.

Cpt. Jack

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wayne York of Oregunsmithing in Pendleton.

http://home.earthlink.net/~oregunsmithing/

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might check and see if Marc Stratton is available, he lives out that way somewhere.
Longshot

Posts: 322 | Location: Youngsville, NC | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote