New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chapuis trigger pulls
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anybody ever adjust the trigger pulls on a Chapuis double? Mine are way too heavy at 6+ for the right and 8+ for the left. It's a trigger plate type action that is held in by two visible pins and ? with the pins out there is something still holding the trigger group in place, any ideas on what it might be or how it comes apart? I am hoping that someone has done this and will share their knowledge so I don't have to spend a bunch of time figuring it out. I'd rather be shooting it than fixing it.

Posts: 231 | Location: Central Oregon | Registered: 08 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
i bought a chapuis in the last group buy from dale nygaard... after about 20 rounds, it developed about a 20 lb pull on the rear trigger, left barrel... i sent it back to dale, he sent it to pat laib, www.laibsgunsmithing.net who does fantastic trigger work on hi-end doubles....now i have excellent 4lb triggers....

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2833 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
After an hour of fiddling I took the easy way out and removed the sears and hammers without any further disassembly and gave them a careful polishing. The trigger pulls are considerably improved. I need to make a trip to the range to see how well they work, I.E no doubling or other problems.

Posts: 231 | Location: Central Oregon | Registered: 08 September 2006Reply With Quote