Find
Notify
Tools

T.O.C Titan Sling Swivels
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted
Who has used these swivels on a rifle and how do you feel they would work for a custom rifle?

I and not fond of the Uncle Mikes and would like to use something like these on my custom rifle. As you can see I am down to the last few details of the rifle awaiting final stock fitting.

So what do you know / recommend?

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like the Safari Swivel brand of swivels myself but they are a bit harder to find. They are unique and good looking...but I only ever seen them in stainless. I got several pairs at Gander Mountain several years ago but I am not sure if they still carry them.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodrow S:
I like the Safari Swivel brand of swivels myself but they are a bit harder to find. They are unique and good looking...but I only ever seen them in stainless. I got several pairs at Gander Mountain several years ago but I am not sure if they still carry them.

Here are the Safari's swivel

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A buddy of mine uses those swivels on all of his rifles. I can't stand them, but it is a pure Ford vs. Chevy thing and they do their job quite well. I just don't like them because it takes so long to get them off. For someone who does not remove their sling a lot, then they would be close to perfect.

I had one rifle with the Pachmayer flush swivels and did not like then either. The front base would rotate, but that can happen with any swivels. I could have epoxied the hole, but sold the rifle just because I never relaly liked it.

I like Uncle Mike's swivels with the locking screw thing. For narrow European slings, I like the NECG swivels that are sort of square. Hard to explain them, but I like the way they look

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
I'm with Marc. Another nice thing about the NEGC units is they come with a matching stud.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
NECG will not work since I already have the front barrel band stud and the two screw rear.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
333, thanks for the website. Now I can get a couple pair of the blued ones. They are a pain to uncouple until you get familiar with them...but they will never come un-done and drop the rifle either.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote