Find
Notify
Tools

Please Delete- found a Conetrol replacement
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted
Was doing a final rifle test to look at zero and 200 & 300 yd drops when I sheared my rear base screws. Rifle had been dis-reassembled and I guess the base screws were not tightened
and it's a 340 WBY 250gr 2900+.

Conetrol screws have funny head sizes even though they are 6 x 48. Gunshop guy didn't have any that fit. I spoke with George....God bless him.......telephone calls are difficult. He has no fax. Apparently his computer is at home .....even though I explained to him I had emailed him he said I should snail mail him what I want........again God bless him.......

I leave for Alaska on the 20th. Just because I'm anal anybody have any extras???????

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1433 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is it bigger than normal?

Posts: 1288 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
No the head for the rear is 1/2 shorter and slightly thinner than the conventional ones.

I wound up taking another rifle apart.

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1433 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
George is a funny character.

When I tried to purchase a set of rings and bases I explained that I was an FFL Dealer and asked if he had a "dealer" program. He said that I could mail him a letter, on company letter head, explaining what I would like to purchase. I tried to explain to him that I do not have company letter head as I have never written a letter necessitating company letter head. He was floored, as if a business could not exist without company letter head.

I just smiled and payed full price for the rings and bases.

Can you measure the heads of the screws? Either the front, or if you still have the sheared heads. Either or, I might have a screw that will work. My only set of conetrols are on the rifle.

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com
Follow us on Instagram and YouTube

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

Posts: 1489 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
PM sent