THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Anyone used Rifle's Inc. for a custom rifle?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The reviews I have read in the glossy gun mags over the years have all been favorable. I think they use a stock made for them by Lone Wolf. It is pretty light too---'bout 13 ounces as I recall. They've been making lightweight rifles for many years, so I think they know all the tricks.

Have you given any thought to Ultra Light Arms? I like the ULA rifles because the receiver and bolt is scaled down to start with, which obviates the need to "swiss cheese" the metal as others do to get weight off. The other great thing about ULA rifles is that they always shoot well. Also, I think they hold their value better than some of the other lightweight rifles out there.

Another option would be to purchase a Rem Titanium action and rebarrel and stock in a Brown Precision or Lone Wolf Stock. You could end up with a very light product at significantly less cost than a Rifles, Inc. product. M

My .02 worth.

Jordan

Posts: 3478 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Antlers,
Thanks for the reply! I am also building mine on a Lefty Model 70! Glad to hear that you are happy, look forward to more reports from you!

Thanks again.

Huntr

Posts: 88 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 10 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
FWIW, I had them rebarrel a Remington Sendero with a Hart barrel in 257 STW. I never could get that thing to shoot less than an inch at 100yds.

Posts: 83 | Location: Ut | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote