New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brno. Military action !
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I found a sporterized, brno military action. It is neither drilled nor tapped, and it has what i think is the origional military type saftey. The serial number is 4 digits starting with 15 and has no letters either before or after the 4 digits. More of an enthusiast than en expert, I asume this is a Pre war brno CZ . I would cringe at grinding off the beautifull crest on the reciever top, but If I bought it would it not make a beautifull say 9.3X62 with a peep site ? .And is this as nice an action as i think ? ...tj3006

freedom1st

one of us
Picture of Ricochet
posted Hide Post
Can you post a picture of the crest? Or at least a good description?

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posts: 1325 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not at the moment I can't its at a shop i poped into on my lunch break...tj3006

freedom1st

one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe the BRNO is the VZ-24 in the pre-war period. It is a very desireable action when in good condition. The metalergy is perfect for most modern uses, though I've heard that some smiths won't rechamber for WSM carthridges.

I had an old beater that I've been working to make pretty again for over a year. Have a sporter turned 8 mm barrel comming for it right now and the bolt is being welded. A cherry action would sweet for a classic like the 9.3.

Posts: 341 | Location: Janesville,CA, USA | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote