New
Find
Notify
Tools

leopould rings and sako bases
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
If I ask this question at the shop I frequent I will get a blank stare. Will Leopould rings fit on Sako bases? I want to go to a lower ring and was wondering about this.

Thanks
Dulcinea

Posts: 712 | Location: York,Pa | Registered: 27 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Check Leupold's web page and you'll see that they now make rings to fit the integral Sako dovetail. I've been itchin' to try them myself. They don't uses bases, just clamp directly to the dovetail receiver.

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
My buddy has a pair of the Leup. rings on his McMillan (Sako action) .340Wby. He has been happy w/ them & obviously they've stood up to heavy use.

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have Leuopold rings on my Sako TGR-S (M995) in 338 Lapua. They hold a 2.5-8 Vari X 3. No problems so far. - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ditto what the previous posters said: my Leupold mounts for Sako have held up really well - rugged and very low too.

Some people seem to prefer to put a base onto the Sako integral base, and then put a set of rings on the (second) base. Maintain they get better results. I've been happy with my setup, but then again, I'm not a gunsmith...

- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote