Find
Notify
Tools

Trinidad Reunion
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted
I recieved an announcement that there will be a 60th Anniversary Reunion at TJC of the Gunsmithing Department in June of 2007. Is anyone on here planning to attend? Would be nice to meet some of the people in person who post here that attended TJC. Also be interesting to see the school. Sounds like a good program.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I too got the notice of the event. It's a little far out for me to know if I'm going to attend. I went to Trinidad right after high school and got my degree in 1971. However I've been back several times teaching in their NRA summer program so I don't feel the need to return anytime soon.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Class of '63 and hope to be there if possible!!

I wish people who went to TSJC would post to see a show of hands. It would be interesting to know more of AR members that made it through the earlier school program. After going back and teaching stockmaking and checkering in 2003-04 I find a totally different program.

Posts: 965 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
I hope more will answer in the affirmative also. I will be going if at all possible. I attended 52/54 and did not return till about 5 years ago and change was monumental. I never worked commercially as a smith, just a hobby. Still enjoy it but early on realized there are true artists and the rest of us. I then went on to another field for a livelihood. The years spent at TJC were truly a magical time for a young man right out of high school. Here 50+ years later I can still remember it as yesterday.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote