New
Find
Notify
Tools

dream gun?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have been saving my pennies and am going to have a custom gun made. I wanted some ideas and on my configuration.
Caliber is .308, Action either by Stolle or Nesika, Trigger Jewel set at 3lbs, Barrel Shilen select match 28in standard varmit 12 twist and the stock would be made by a company called Artistry in wood it would be laminated Hawiian Koa(if I can get it).
I want to use the rifle for both hunting and hopefully some competition.
Thanks in advance for any info or ideas.

[ 01-05-2003, 07:57: Message edited by: sailorman126 ]

Posts: 602 | Location: hudson valley ny | Registered: 05 January 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Sailor,
Welcome to the forums.

If i where you, I would contact Charlie Sisk, Sisk Guns, in conroe texas. sounds like the stuff he makes. Sounds like a fun project

If you are planning on some competition stuff, you need to get the hunter class bench books and start reading for weight/power/scope/trigger/etc restrictions. IMNSHO, wood is not going to be your best friend for a competition rifle.

jeffe

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
May I suggest that you try a Medium Palma contour barrel, you get 30inches of barrel that is lighter than the shorter heavy barrels. You will get a slight velocity increases plus if you use it with iron sights you get a longer sight radius.

Posts: 593 | Location: My computer. | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
<MontanaMarine>
posted
http://www.gaprecision.net/indexr.html

Here is where I would spend my money on a custom rifle.

MM