Find
Notify
Tools

Royal Arms Gunstocks?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted
Has anybody here done business with Gerry Dun at Royal Arms Gunstocks.

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2095 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, I know Gerry. He's a little hard to get a hold of by phone since he's the only one in his shop, but it's worth the effort because he's a great guy to deal with. He has many patterns to choose from, and he does a good job. I've worked with him in the past at a Freinds of the NRA Dinner, and Gerry is without a doubt, an honorable man. I am privileged to call him a friend.

one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted Hide Post
I have had no trouble getting him by phone. From talking to him he seems just as you describe him. Do you have an example of his work you could post here or email to me?

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2095 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ElCaballero-
Sorry, I don't. I had Gerry modify a old thumb hole stock for my Remington 37. He helped me mill and install a new rail, and cut the stock properly so I could install a vintage Freeland butt plate.

Of the blanks I've seen him cut at his shop, he seems to leave plenty of extra "meat", so you don't have to worry about being shorted, or winding up with a barrel channel that will be too big.

I don't know what Gerry charges to do more finish work, but I do know he won't lead you astray.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice-looking stocks. I wish I'd seen these before ordering my Richard's. I spent $1500+ in woodworking at my gunsmith's to make the Richard's what these look like not too long out of the box.

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
All I know is that I sent a simple question in an email and not only got a quick response, but I also got a flyer in the mail in a few days. With service like that, I will be buying soon.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote