Notify
Tools

Win. Mod. 70 Rear Bridge Width?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Nitroman
posted
Gentlemen,

I someone could tell me the width of the rear receiver bridge for a Winnie Model 70 I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Posts: 1844 | Location: Southwest Alaska | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Roger

I think you asked the question wrong.

The rear bridge DIAMETER of the M70 bases that I make are 2.660".
Then you have the offset to take into consideration to create the hieght of the rear bridge and the base.

Jim Wisner

Posts: 1473 | Location: Chehalis, Washington | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nitroman:
Gentlemen,

I someone could tell me the width of the rear receiver bridge for a Winnie Model 70 I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

My educated C clamp says 1.346 seeya Duane Wiebe

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitroman
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the replies.

I was looking at Wild West Guns' most U-G-L-Y but tough looking receiver sight. They said it could be mounted on a Win. Mod 70.

I called them and they said it was 0.750" wide. I think it would take some machining to make it look good and fit right on the Win.

I am still up in the air over what kind of rear sight I want to put on my P-14. I have (at least) been able to decide a folding leaf sight, made by machining off the standing blade of a NECG rear express sight, to be mounted on the barrel.
I like the classic looks of the Lyman 48 and think it would look just right, but am worried the arm could be bent. That is why I had been thinking about the protected sights.
An Italian make for shotguns (from Brownells) looks very nice, but it is way too long.

[ 11-04-2003, 19:45: Message edited by: Nitroman ]

Posts: 1844 | Location: Southwest Alaska | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote