New
Find
Notify
Tools

Norinco bolt action
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Have only seen picture of rifle JW 105 .....would like opinions of it.
What is the thread and dia of barrel thread?

Posts: 178 | Location: Canada | Registered: 03 February 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
McD,

The only Norinco bolt action rifles I have seen were 22 rim fire, and I am afraid I have never, ever, seen any worse made rifles in my life.

They are comparable to some of the rifles I have seen custom made in Queta, Pakistan, by some of the custom makers there.

Posts: 67409 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My Norinco is the J5. The finish is a little rough, but it shoots great.
It will put all makes of 22 LR into about 1 inch at 50 yds.
It isn't "junk"
Good luck!

Posts: 217 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi McD,

I have a JW-15 in 22LR and have mixed feelings about it. On the outside, it look like a nice rifle But when I took the barreled action out of the stock, it looked like it was inletted with a chainsaw. I lightened the trigger up and hand lapped the barrel and it is shoot great now. I'm getting better groups with it now than with my Ruger 10/22 Target rifle. My best ten shot groups are between 1.25" an 1.50" at 100yds. It took a while for me to find an ammo it liked but this gun likes American Eagle 38gr HP. I don't know if I'd buy another one but this one works for me. I use it mostly for hunting diggers "ground squirels".

Hope this helps, The Big Dog

Posts: 89 | Location: Tacoma, Wash, USA | Registered: 07 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't have the answers but wish I did. This rifle comes in 762x39 so it could be good for any small cartridge.

one of us
posted Hide Post
This is the one I was thinking of

http://www.marstar.ca/Norinco/JW-103.htm

one of us
posted Hide Post
In the Web site given, they list the caliber of the rifle as 7.62 mm x 39 mm and then show "(.308 WIN)".
I would be very careful and want to know a LOT more about this rifle and the people selling it. If they really think that the 7.62mm x 39mm caliber is .308 Win caliber, they may be "OUT TO LUNCH". Be careful and have fun.

Posts: 33 | Location: United States | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote