THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Need AR-15 front sight / or where my tax return went...

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need AR-15 front sight / or where my tax return went...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted
1st mistake, I went by Douglas Barrels for a visit today. Walked in and was talking to a couple of the guys when Tim Gardner walks up and says "guess what we're making".

2nd mistake, I played along. Turns out that they're making thier own AR-15 Match type barrels now. Before they sent blanks to someone who had a lathe and the will to carve away everything that didn't look like a barrel. That person would then sell them under their name. Now Douglas turns and finishes them, so it's really a "Douglas" barrel.

3rd mistake, thinking to self "hmmm I'm getting something back from the IRS" and asking "how much?".

My new toy:

I've got a flattop with a 2.5-10X scope built around a similar barrel from one of the fore mentioned barrel carvers and it'll shoot scary groups out to 600yds with the 77gr SMK.

This barrel is going on a High Power style rifle. Does anyone know of a company making the front sight "A" frame with set screws for a 0.75" barrel set up like this?

Thanks in advance, I guess the rest of my tax return is going to a new upper, float tube, bolt assembly.... gunsmile

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not the A-frame type you were asking about but ultra cool Y&M, even better for a flat top when using a scope. You don't have the sight in the scope picture

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
Kewl front sight thumb is it spring loaded?

I may just change the front sight off the flat top for something like that and move the custom "A" styled one from it to the new gun.

Who's free float tube is that?

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rick, the front sight is spring loaded. The gun also has a rear flip up/600 meters and also Talbot QC base and rings, which I love. The float tube is Knights Armament, with a Kreiger match barrel an bolt w 1 in 9 twist. Here another picture where you can see the flip up and the Talbot mount system. Let me know if I can help any other way with your project.

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
Found what I need at Fulton Armory

Now I just need to decide on a match upper assembly...

one of us
posted Hide Post
Take a look at White Oak Armament as well.

LD

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That lower has me salivating, jimmyd...

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mr rootbeer, just for you, put your dribble bib on Big Grin animal