Find
Notify
Tools

Source for Butter Knife Handles
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted
My last butter knife handle came from Midway, but they don't carry them any more.

I saw these on Ebay: Handles

Any other sources?

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent

Cheers, Chris

DRSS

Posts: 1971 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been looking for an Oberndorf style handle for a couple of years now. Brownells used to sell them, but not for a long while now.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3292 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim@IMReps:
ColoradoMatt sent you a PM

Sorry, should have been more specific: Oberndorf butterknife handle as found on the mauser type "M" carbine.

Matt
FISH!!

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3292 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Matt, if you source an original for me to duplicate I'll see what I can do to have a batch made.

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com
Follow us on Instagram and YouTube

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

Posts: 1498 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those are mine on flea bay. I just made a copy of the one Meier used to sell but made the root the right size. One of these days I will make the type m style, just no time right now. Too many things in line ahead. I have people waiting for oberndorf floorplate levers for over two years.
Don

Posts: 1085 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fal Grunt:
Matt, if you source an original for me to duplicate I'll see what I can do to have a batch made.

Don't know anybody who has a Type M or a type M bolt, but if I come across someone generous enough to let you borrow it, I'll send it your way. Thanks for the offer! Matt

Matt
FISH!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nathanial, I believe Dave J has one somewhere.
Don

Posts: 1085 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DeHass showed one made from a open wrench.
I put one on a 93 Mauser looks ok but I should
have removed a little more metal.

Posts: 1028 | Location: Mid Michigan | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote