New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rem. ADL action into a BDL stock?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Pardon me if this is a stupid question but here goes. I've got a 700 short action ADL that I'd like to jazz up a little and was wondering if a guy could mount this barrel and action into a 700 BDL short action stock without any problems? The only concern that I can think of is the magazine and the fact that the ADL does not use a floorplate. Can the floorplate be made into a "dummy" so to speak?

Posts: 314 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: 08 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Go online and look around. There are conversion kits in Brownell's catalog that contain the parts to make yours into a BDL. The price will take your breath, however. Others like Williams units are in their too. You might call HS Precision or another company that modifies R-700s to magazine feed and see if they have take-off parts cheaper.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11141 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cobra, basically you'll need the BDL mag. box and the bottom metal. The BDL mag box is shorter than the ADL. You could also grind the bottom off of the ADL box.

NRA Patron Life Member Benefactor Level

Posts: 1283 | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just fit a single shot rem clone action to a laminate stock inletted for a BDL. For the floorplate opening I just made a filler plate out of 3/8ths thick aluminum. Not done with it yet, but it's going to look good, and it'll work well. This is on a tactical/varmint rifle and I just needed to fill that hole.

Shoot straight, shoot often.
Matt

Posts: 1182 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 19 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You will need BDL bottom metal parts to include screws, other than that it is a drop-in unless you have some unusual barrel contours in the barreled action or new stock.

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1618 | Location: Potter County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just a question...If you are making your own stock, can't you just make it not as tall from trigger guard to action inletting so you could use the same box?

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nothing special as far as barrel contour just your average Rem.700 ADL chambered in .222. So all I need to come up with is a BDL stock and the bottom metal.Hmmn, anyone out there got an old BDL short action stock that they would want to part with at a reasonable, ie. very cheap price!

Posts: 314 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: 08 August 2007Reply With Quote