Find
Notify
Tools

Dark finish for stainless rifle
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of citori
posted
I have a Ruger M77 in stainless. Love the rifle. Hate the finish. What is a good, dark finish that will look like matte blued?

Tanzania in 2006! Had 141 posts on prior forum as citori3.

Posts: 266 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: 14 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I sent 2 rilfes off to Mac's and they should be back in my shop this week.

Mac's web site

He came highly reccomended from AR members. I also hate SS barrels on hunting rifles, so I sent a personal rifle off with my customer's barell. Got matte black on his barrel to compliment the rust bluing on the rest of his rifle. On mine, I got OD green on my metal and matte black on the stock. I will post pics when the rifels get back in the shop.

Mac's prices are very fair, turn around time is excellent, and his communication is better than what I do with my customers. I swear, I don't know how he finds time to email so much!

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
I sent 2 rilfes off to Mac's and they should be back in my shop this week

Not a bad price at all.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a blued FN Mauser action mated to a SS Shilen barrel and the smith sent it somewhere and had it all teflon coated a matt black. This coating cost me $100 plus shipping both ways.

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1191 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote