New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need some Mauser information
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was recently at a friend's house when her father started to show me some of his guns. One that he pulled out was a bannered mauser action. The banner said Chilean Model 1895. I might be butchering the words but I'm positive it was 1895.

The finish was more of a "plum brown" than a blue. The bolt handle was bent with a small star on the knob. Unfortantly, the barrel was cut down and the receiver drilled for scope bases. It is chambered in 7x57.

I've heard of a Chilean 1935 and know they are desirable. But I never heard of a 1895. Any information would be helpful.

Posts: 167 | Location: Eastern Shore of MD | Registered: 29 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
caliber 7x57mm

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 1895 Chileans' are the same as the 1893 Spanish. Examples with straight bolts also exist.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigster:
The 1895 Chileans' are the same as the 1893 Spanish. Examples with straight bolts also exist.

and beautifully finished in their original state; first rifle I ever bought myself, 39.95 and the mailman delivered it.

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote