New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sako Optilock Screws
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I've got a set of Sako Optilock Rings and bases that I obtained used. Somehow the hexhead part of the screws have been somewhat stripped. I remember seeing a few comments in the past from other people having the same problem. Can anyone tell me what size the screws are on these? Another question is if you did replace these who did you get them from? I remember someone saying that Beretta wanted about $5.00 a piece for them.
Thanks,
Jeff

Posts: 101 | Location: WA | Registered: 25 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm not a machinist, I only play one (badly) on TV. I believe these are called Hex-Head or Allen Cap Screws. They take a 2.5mm Allen wrench. The threaded shaft is 7mm long. It measures 3.40mm from outside of thread to outside of thread. The basic shaft looks to be 2.5mm. The thread pitch looks to be about .8mm.
If you live near a medium to large city look in the Yellow Pages under Fasteners and ask for a 2.5mm Cap Screw, fine pitch (~.8mm), shaft length 7mm, OAL 10mm. Should cost about 15 cents a pop. I dunno if they make Torx head screws in metric. Don't see why not.
If you can't find any locally, send me a PM and I'll pick some up the next time I'm in Boise. I use Optilocks a lot. They are great scope mounts. You can save on the plastic inserts by using Burris inserts.
Cheers,
JCN

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks John,
I'll go down to the hardware store and check it out. I'd have taken mine apart and looked but if it was something out of the ordinary I don't think the screws were up to another installation.
Where's Parma from Boise?
Jeff

Posts: 101 | Location: WA | Registered: 25 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
45 Miles due west. Can hit Oregon with a slingshot from here.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote