New
Find
Notify
Tools

custom stamps?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone know if they make little metal stamps for your rifles/barrels actions? Can you get your own little emblem made up or even your initials for example?

...I feel sorry for people who don't drink.
When they wake up they know that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EXPRESS:
Does anyone know if they make little metal stamps for your rifles/barrels actions? Can you get your own little emblem made up or even your initials for example?

Brownells used to make / have made custom stamps. Smiler

Posts: 2357 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had the fellow from NgraveR make mine. It is a small oval that says Michael D. Ullman on the top and Gunmaker on the bottom. It has a little design in the middle of the oval. It has held up well and is very well made. I believe I paid around 135.00 dollars for it but that was several years ago and could be wrong. He will make all kinds of custom stamps. Michael

posted Hide Post
On another site one guy was using little stick on letters and a dremal. He would spell out what he wanted and cut out the letters. Or what ever decal or design. With small cutter in the dremal he would just cut them. Real shallow or as deep as you want.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got mine from the NGraver guy quite a few years ago and it is well made and shows no wear.

His name is Ray Phillips.

Jim

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5506 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You have several options.

The name stamps or long spl stamps that Brownells can special order are made by Young Bros. in Iowa. I have used many of them over the years.
I also have used stamps made by Cunningham on the punch press's.
And then there is the special ones that Mr. Phillips makes, which are very good also.

Jim Wisner
Custom Metalsmith

Posts: 1452 | Location: Chehalis, Washington | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys - does anyone have a phone number for NgraveR? the website it under reconstruction.

...I feel sorry for people who don't drink.
When they wake up they know that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote