New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ550 action for 375
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am researching how to build a resonably priced 375H&H maybe RUM preferably in stainless that will shoot straight and reliable.

Secondary to a note here I contacted the outfit at www.charlesdaly.com.They indeed state to manufacture(better stated ,import) stainless 98 Mauser actions for the 375 caliber.I was under the impression it would be a CZ550 ,as they seem to import the actions from I believe Czech.They corrected me,stating it is not a CZ550.This makes the action an unknown for me and without references I am hesitant to build a rifle around it.
Does anyone have better knowledge about these actions or can recommend where to get a CZ action for a 375 H&H?
Thanks indeed
sheephunter

Posts: 795 | Location: CA,,the promised land | Registered: 05 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
sheephunter,
Those stainless Daly Mausers should be about like the Mark X Mauser from Yugoslavia that was used in the Whitworth rifles. They should be sound but a bit rough, requiring a gunsmith to slick it up.

The CZ 550 actions are available from Brownells: www.brownells.com

I have found the CZ 550's to be better finished and slicker than the old BRNO ZKK 602 or the old Whitworth Mark X's. You wont find them in stainless though.

The CZ is a bulkier true magnum size action with a greater magazine capacity, five instead of three rounds that you will get with the Daly box in 375 H&H.

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Robgunbuilder
posted Hide Post
Ed Plummer at AHR has two CZ 550 .375 Mag actions left in stock. Call ED at 800-716-4445.
Just remember the CZ uses a 2mm metric thread so you need a smith with a metric lathe to rebarrel. A .375 Rum would be super on this action.-Rob

Posts: 6314 | Location: Las Vegas,NV | Registered: 10 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I found an AHR serial numbered CZ 550 action in an Anchorage gunshop, # 50001, different numbering system than the factory actions. It is marked with the AHR logo.

I was wondering if this might have been the first CZ 550 action imported by AHR, and why it was in the gunshop??

Great Northern guns in Anchorage had 3 actions from CZ, last time I was there. One each of 30-06, 375 H&H, and 416 Rigby boltface.

Anybody else got any AHR marked CZ 550 actions with a serial number of 50000 or less, or more? [Big Grin]

Number 50001 is being turned into a 375 RUM.

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote