New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wipe-Out accelorator
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was piecing together an order from Midway today and one of the items I'm stocking up on ( again ) is Wipe-Out. I noticed there is now an accelorator to go along with it: apply it then the regular foam over it.

Now, I primarily use Wipe-Out when I'm too lazy to scrub barrels at the end of a range, so what's the rush, right? However, this might be handy ( if it works ) when I'm prepping a bunch of rifles which will get a bore-brush after an hour or so.

Anyone try the accelorator? Your thoughts?

Posts: 733 | Location: N. Illinois | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think I'll give it a whirl. My Sako in 416 Rem Mag is incredibly accurate and consistent with Swift A-Frames over RL-15, but the copper builds up in the barrel instantly and thickly. The accelerator might prevent me from having a copper lined 375 H&H.

lawndart

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
The accelerator isn't a cleaner. It's only to be used in conjunction with Wipe Out to speed up the cleaning process.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
At the benchrest Super Shoot last year I believe it was, the Wipeout guy told me to run a patch of mineral spirits through the bore first as an accelerator. Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote