New
Find
Notify
Tools

Research in progress:
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I would like to correspond with anyone who may have rifles by any of the following makers, some will be marked with the makers name others not.

Anyone who has any pre-1940 (or they think it might be this old) unknown maker rifle I would like to learn about them.
mjpetrov@acsalaska.net

Joseph Singer……….……Los Angeles, CA
Ross King…………….…..Los Angeles, CA
August Pachmayr…………Los Angeles, CA

John Wright & Sons………Kansas City, MO

Paul Jaeger…………………Philadelphia, PA (only)
Wurzer & Peterson…….…. Philadelphia, PA

Ned Moran……………………….….Chicago, IL
Von Lengerke & Antonine…………..Chicago, IL

Von Lengerke & Detmold……New York City
George Hyde………………….New York City

Posts: 808 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What kind of rifles? Got an early m30 thats gots some major distinctive work and custom stock, done long time ago. No ID markings.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry I was not very clear, I’m interested in custom rifles. All the makers listed were custom makers. My main interest is in pre-1940 American rifles.

I would be very interested in seeing a picture(s) of your rifle.

MP

Posts: 808 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Michael. I believe I have sent you photograhs of Augusts rifles that I had last year. Two takedowns and a very early drilling. If you need them again I will gladly send what I have.
If you might like to speak with his grandson who owns those rifles and might add to your research I will contact him and see if he is willing. Your research is certainly worth the effort and I refer to your book often.
I believe my friend Paul contacted you about a purchase of your book. I do not know whether he mentioned that his father was also a custom gunmaker, engraver and saddle maker/leathersmith of some great skill. I have tracked down and purchase three of his rifles and know of at least two more. I was fortunate to have met him 35 years ago and really stretched myself pretty thin to be able to own his rifles.
His grandson is now following in his steps as a master engraver and will one day become very well known if he continues. Paul has also made some very fine rifles for me and will be starting another shortly if I can talk him out of semi-retirement once again. I am on the list for some engraving on a pair of custom rifles I have had them build for me. If you would like photos or contact information I will gladly pass it forward.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Frank,

Please drop me a note at mjpetrov@acsalaska.net

MP