Find
Notify
Tools

Gunsmithing Related
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted
No explanation needed; I made this yesterday because I lost the first one I made 30 years ago.

Posts: 17256 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lost or simply missplaced it.
Don't worry the first one will show up when you least expect it.

I once lost a Starret depth micometer, looked for it for 13 months.
Finally broke down when MSC had a good sale on and bought a new one.
Yep found my first micometer 2 weeks later, it was in between the pages of one of my note books right at the Kimber scope base notes.

Do you want some more guards to weld up, I could send a few spares you way ?

J Wisner

Posts: 1471 | Location: Chehalis, Washington | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll bite, what does the fixture do?
(I have long since figured out that being thought ignorant isn't half as bad as being so).

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14567 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
These are easy to misplace because they look like scrap metal.
Do I want more work? No.
TP; it is for welding up Enfield trigger guards to make them flat. No one needs 6 rounds in a bolt action except in their minds.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gasp! Thought that fix went out with dinosaurs..HAR

Posts: 3576 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Young guys have no clue about what this is, but you and I, do.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just BARELY knew

Posts: 3576 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I believe everything you say.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
all i know it that it looks old school cool. and yes, i can rebuild a holley carb, set floats, replace/drill out jets, adjust air/fuel mixture, replace "anti backfire ball and spring" etc. BUT i need help operating my tv remote.

Posts: 1541 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When you least need it, it will leap from the place you left it, and conk you on the head, al la Newton and the apple.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah you see where Remington got the idea for the shape of the 700 trigger guard. I think those are the most aesthetically pleasing trigger guards out there. Virtually no shaping needed. We use them occasionally in the shop as replacements for the cheap plastic 700 ADL guards. Cut off behind the mag well and weld up. Then drill the center screw hole. Looks beautiful.

Posts: 3764 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Yes I use them all the time for various things; shape is perfect as is. I solder on a little plate in front sometimes. Sometimes weld like you do.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
These are easy to misplace because they look like scrap metal.
Do I want more work? No.
TP; it is for welding up Enfield trigger guards to make them flat. No one needs 6 rounds in a bolt action except in their minds.

Tom, you don’t like pot bellies?
Just kidding...

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 964 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote